Hair hydration for these hot summer days
Summertime is for picnics, bbqs, beach days, water play and outside fun! But, all of these take a toll not only on our skin, but our hair too. This recipe gives your hair a big ole drink of moisture, providing hydration, shine and some TLC.
Just a few pantry ingredients are needed to make this hair mask, and you probably already have them all!
Here is what I did:
Start by creating a luscious infused oil using coconut oil and rosemary. Your hair will love these two! Rosemary helps to stimulate hair growth and helps scalp health. Coconut oil will give your hair moisture and shine. I used the crockpot method to create the infused oil. Here is a step-by-step to follow…
- In a glass jar, add in fresh rosemary. Next, pour in coconut oil filling to the top.
- In a crockpot, add in just enough water where the jar you used will be covered, but not submerged. I used an 8 ounce glass jar for this recipe.
- Keep the lid off the crock pot and turn it on low.
- Allow your herbal oil to sit in the crockpot bath for a good 8 hours.
- Carefully remove jar from crockpot, strain out herbs and reserve your oil for herbal creations!
Next, using a blender, add in about 4 avocados. These babies are going to coat your hair with rich hydration and will bring dry hair back to life!
Once the infused oil is done & strained, add it to the blender with the avocados. Mix it all up until creamy.
Pour the liquid into silicone molds, the ones I used have the look of a comb, it helps run through your hair (a little tough to pop out, not going to lie, but still a great mold).
Place the molds into the freezer, I like to freeze these to prevent browning.
Once frozen, pop them out and use on clean we hair. Leave the hair mask on for about 5-10 minutes, then rinse out.
Get ready for shine and healthy hair!