The fizz, the aroma, the feeling… these garden bath bombs are a much needed addition to your bath! Leaving you feeling silky, smooth and relaxed.
I made these just before we left on a week long camping trip, and let me tell you, I was so happy to have these when I got home. A long soak in botanical bliss was just what I needed.
Here’s how to make your own Garden Bath Bombs
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup epsom salt
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons carrier oil, I used calendula infused avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons aloe vera liquid
- 20 drops essential oil, I used Plant Therapy’s meditation blend. It has a mix of; Ylang Ylang, Patchouli, Frankincense, Clary Sage, Orange Sweet & Thyme
- 1 – 2 tablespoon of dried herbs, I used rose, lavender and a sprinkling of calendula
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients until well mixed
- In a second, small bowl, combine all wet ingredients
- SLOWLY add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl. You want to go slow so you don’t activate your bath bomb mixture. Mixing by hand works best for this.
- You will feel by mixing with your hands, the desired texture you need. It will be damp and form in your hand. If it is crumbly, keep mixing or add a tiny bit of more oil until desired texture is reached.
- Using a muffin tin or bath bomb mold, press the mixture into the molds, packing it tight.
- Let the bath bombs dry for at least 4 hours before removing them from the molds.
- Once dry, it is recommended to let them cure on a countertop so they completely dry out, you can do this for a couple days.
- Then transfer to an airtight container. These garden bath bombs should last about 6 months.
Pro tip: if you want to avoid the mess in your tub, omit the dried flowers. You will still get the lovely aroma and silky feeling from the rest of the ingredients. OR, simply place the bath bomb into a muslin bag before dropping it into your tub. The bag will catch the loose flowers but the tiny holes in the fabric will still allow the benefits to float through!