It’s the day before Mother’s Day and if you still don’t have a gift, I’ve got you covered! Here are some easy to do, last minute gift ideas that Mom will be sure to love.
Drenched in Roses Lotion
Brown Sugar Body Scrub
To make this brown sugar body scrub, all you will need is the following:
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of infused oil, rose infused in sweet almond oil is a perfect option
- 5 drops of Frankincense essential oil, I purchase mine from Plant Therapy
Simply mix the brown sugar & rose oil, add in the drops of frankincense, pour into a jar with a lid, and that’s it! This brown sugar scrub is perfect for a special treatment day. Mom’s skin will feel silky smooth and will be ready for those warmer days ahead.
Floral Bath Salts
Bring the garden to your tub with this easy and beautiful bath soak recipe. Give Mom the gift of chill by making this recipe, adapted from the Herbal Academy Botanical Skincare recipe book. It pulls in classic bath salts with a garden full of blooms! Magnesium, which is great for helping muscle tension, and even easing anxiety! Pair that with flowers and it’s a winning combo. Here’s what you will need:
- 1 cup of Epsom salt
- 1 cup of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of dried roses
- 1/2 cup of dried lavender
- 1/2 cup of dried calendula or chamomile
- 1/2 cup of dried tulsi
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, transfer to a jar with a lid. Mom can use a handful or two in the bath. To help your drain, put a scoop into a muslin bag and place it in your bath. This keeps the dried florals from floating everywhere, but the breathable fabric will let those good flowery benefits soak into the water. Mom will love this relaxing, soothing, calming bath soak!
Body Balm (Vegan Option)
Mom is going to love this body balm! They provide rich moisture, a lovely scent and you can have fun with different shapes. Here’s what you need to make your own:
- The first step is to add 1 tablespoon of carnauba wax (which is vegan friendly) or beeswax to a double boiler. Let that melt down completely.
- Next, add in 3 ounces of chamomile infused oil and give it a stir.
- Add in 1 ounce of coconut oil and give it a stir.
- Lastly, after all the ingredients have melted together, turn off the heat. Add in about 5 drops of lavender essential oil and give it one last stir. I purchase mine from Plant Therapy
- Pour your liquid into either silicone molds or tins, let it cool and harden. Takes about an hour or two.
- Store the body balm in an airtight container
Mom will love to glide this over her skin after the bath or shower. Her skin will thank you!
Maple & Rose Glazed Donuts
Say I love you Mom with a special treat, that is out of this world delicious!! Breakfast in bed just got a whole lot better. These donuts are so yummy and actually so easy to make. Perfect gift option for the littles ones to help make mom something special. This recipe was adapted from the one and only, Half Baked Harvest. She is such a talented baker and I couldn’t resist making these with a twist. ROSE! This seems to be the running theme in this Mother’s Day post. Here’s what you’ll need to do to make these:
For the donuts
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 2 eggs at room temp
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of rose milk
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
For the glaze
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of rose simple syrup
You will want to preheat your oven to 350 and using a donut baking sheet, grease before use. Before you begin baking, make a simple rose milk by warming a little more than 1/2 cup of milk with organic, edible rose petals. Make sure burner is on low, you don’t want high heat, just warm enough to infuse some delicious rose flavor into the milk. Do this for about 10 minutes, strain and reserve the liquid.
Mix all the wet ingredients for the donuts together. Next, mix in all the dry ingredients to the wet. Spoon in your sticky batter into the donut pan. Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes. Let cool in pan for a couple minutes. While they are cooling, make your glaze by warming all ingredients in a pan.
Dunk your donuts in the glaze and let cool, you can add rose petals for a special touch that mom will be sure to love! These are so good, she will be so happy to have such a thoughtful homemade gift.
Happiness is seeing your Mother smile”unknown
Leave a Reply